Apply for a US Corporate Business Tax Number

A US Employer Identification Number is needed to file a branch tax return of a Canadian or US corporate tax return.

To get an EIN number:

1. Complete and sign form SS4 which is found on the IRS website.

2. Phone the IRS at 1-267-941-1099. The IRS will want you to fax the form directly to a fax number that they will give you. You can not hang up. You will need a separate fax line to complete this process.

3. They will review the application for an EIN while you wait and will give you the number immediately. Write this number down and fax it to my office if I am completing your corporate tax return.


Click on the following link to go to a downloadable Employer Identification Number form.